Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the most sweetest foods on earth this is; a perfect treat for your special someone on Valentine's day. Add some blackforest cake on the side and enjoy it with red roses and a movie on the side or some soft music and poetry in praise of your soulmate :) Happy Valentines' Day to all my friends on RecipeZaar!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 12 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Store strawberries in the refrigerator and buy them one day prior to making this dessert.
- Either the night before or immediately before serving, rinse the strawberries carefully so that any dirt will get washed away.
- Use a knife to cut off the green stem and leaves at the top of each strawberry.
- Chantilly cream is nothing but properly whipped cream.
- To whip cream properly, place the bowl in which you are going to whip the cream over a large tray of ice.
- Chill the whipping cream in the refrigerator before whipping it in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla essence and powdered sugar slowly and continue to beat the cream.
- Serve the strawberries and cream in stemmed wine glasses or champagne saucers.
- Fill the glasses or saucers with strawberries and top off with sinfully good amounts of Chantilly cream.
Simple and delicious. One of my favorite ways to have an easy summertime treat!