- 6 (12 ounce) containers fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 1⁄4 cups creme de cassis or 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry liqueur
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve or quarter the berries, depending on their size.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, stirring occasionally. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Refrigerate.).
- Whip cream and powdered sugar in large bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon 2/3 cup fresh berries and some juices into each of 20 balloon glasses. Top each with spoonful of whipped cream and serve.
- Serves 20.