Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect dessert when strawberries are at their peak.
Make and share this Strawberries With Cannoli Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (about 1/2 of a 15-ounce container)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- For cannoli cream, in a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- In a small chilled bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (do not over-beat.)
- By hand, gently stir the whipped cream and about half of the chocolate pieces into the ricotta mixture. (If desired, mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead; refrigerate, covered.).
- To serve, divide strawberries among 8 dessert dishes.
- Spoon cannoli cream over the berries.
- Sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.
Served this dessert to my gal pals in an oversized martini glass over chopped ripe mangos. This is the most delightful and elegant dish. I, too, wish I could give it more stars
Amazing dessert! It is super easy, yet very elegant and impressive. I've made it several times and my family and guests have all loved it. I like to serve it with mixed berries, and have even used thawed frozen mixed berries in a pinch.
This is one of those recipes that you would like to give additional stars. It is amazing. The cream was prepared in the morning, refrigerated and served at dinner time. This makes a wonderful presentation when spooned over the fresh strawberries and served in martini glasses. I served Pirouette wafers on the side. Definately a wonderful, easy and impressive dessert.