Recipe by - Carla -
A small spin on a classic Italian dessert. This excellent summer dessert takes no time at all to prepare and is always a cool and refreshing pleaser. Be sure to use a good balsamic vinegar - remember your recipes are only as good as your ingredients!
- 2 cups small strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- lemon yogurt
- of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the strawberries, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and black pepper in a bowl; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Spoon equal amounts into 4 dessert dishes (I like to use "open" champagne glasses for a simple & elegant presentation) and top with 2 tablespoons lemon yogurt.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and a bit of freshly ground black pepper - YUM!