Recipe by Chef Kate
A recipe from Stephane Pitre, chef at Chez Cecile in Paris. It couldn't be simpler nor more elegant.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and sugar in a pan until they form a syrup. Allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Mince the chives and keep cool in a bowl. Do the same with the basil and mint, each in separate bowls.
- When the syrup has cooled, pour an equal amount into each of the three bowls of herbs and allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Cut the strawberries into cubes and arrange them in 12 small glasses (such as shot glasses). Pour the mint syrup into 4 glasses, the basil syrup into 4 others, and the chive syrup into the remaining 4.
- Serve right away, 3 glasses per person.