Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderfully refreshing and tasty sauce for strawberries. Quick and easy to make and very delicious! Cook time is chilling time.
- Slice fresh strawberries into thirds.
- Mix sour cream, sugar and Amaretto well.
- The sauce should be thick and not runny.
- Chill the sauce in the fridge for 2- 3 hours.
- Pour over fresh strawberries.
- Cook time is chilling time in fridge.
This is a lovely sauce to serve with fruit. I had some strawberries and a bunch of other fruits that were over-ripe, so I mixed them together and layered them with some graham cracker crumbs with this sauce. It was a big hit and I'll use it again. Thanks for sharing!
Simply delicious! Used the low amount of sugar. I served it once with ice cream and strawberries and the other time with just strawberries. A keeper!!!
I still have some sauce left and I'm gonna add extra sugar. I went for the low end of the sugar, and figured better to add it later. This was really good. I used really good Amaretto and splenda. I'm not sure whether that (splenda) did anything to the consistency, but the taste was fine, and that's the most important part.