Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries with Contreu liqueur--easy to make and very hard to resist that second helping.
- 2 lbs strawberries, husked and washed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur (orange liqueur)
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup ice cream
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Pick out the over ripe or very ripe ones.
- Cut strawberries in half and sprinkle the Splenda.
- To make the sauce, roughly chop the remaining strawberries in a blender and blend for about 15 seconds, tossing in the Contreau and 1/2 tbpn of the Splenda. Chill and serve with the choice of light cream or ice cream.
My family loves their strawberries, and they also loved this recipe. It was so very easy to put together and took no time at all to prepare. A great adult dessert for a hot day !! I wanted to take a photo but there was little time once the family saw it, it vanished before my eyes. I definately will be making this again so maybe a chance for a photo next time. Thanks JoyfulCook, this recipe is a keeper for this family!!