Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was in the Houston paper. I go to La Madeleine just for Strawberries Romanoff. SO GOOD! Very easy to make...my 11 year old son makes it.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and Brandy in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until starts to thicken and add sugar--whip until thick.
- Fold cream into sour cream mixture and blend well.
- Serve with fresh strawberries.
OH MY GOODNESS. This is AMAZING. I just ate two bowls. I never write reviews, but after making this was thoroughly compelled. I have been dying for these and la madeleine is just two expensive for that tiny glass and they never give you enough sauce. I made it with vanilla and it still tasted amazing. I used organic cream that was practically whipped by the time I took it out the carton (it was the good stuff), it made the fluffiest whip cream I have ever had. Horizon doesn't even come close. I added a touch of cinnamon and a pinch of salt to add a depth to the flavor. I even used my little mini bullet processor to whip the cream (just add the sugar in from the beginning). This recipe is amazing. I will now live a happier life. :)
The recipe in the La Madeleine cookbook calls for Cognac instead of Brandy. Once you make that small change it will taste exactly like what you get at La Madeleine.
What a fantastic Summer dessert! Delicious!