Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- to taste strawberry
- to taste whipped cream
- to taste icing sugar
- to taste your favorite liqueur (a complementary one - such as Grand Marnier)
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries lengthwise - from top to bottom.
- Place in a glass bowl and cover, prior to putting in the fridge to keep cool.
- Whip cream to the floppy stage, and add sieved icing sugar, and a complementary liqueur such as Grand Marnier - a harsh flavour would not sit well with the
- Replace cream in fridge until service.
I make mine a little different. I "marinate" my strawberries in the the liqueur. Instead of whipped cream, I use Bavarian Cream. This is how it was served to me at "The Shadows" a wonderful restaurant in an Old Plantation home across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. Yes, It was a victim of Katrina.
For 10-12 servings, 3 quarts strawberries, 1 pt. whipping cream, about 1/2 cup sifted confectioners sugar (icing sugar) and flavoring. We used orange extract instead of Grand Marnier.