Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The famous dish named after a Russian prince. Very elegant!
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, rind of, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- additional sugar (about 2 TBS)
- Stem, rinse, and pat the strawberries dry.
- Place berries in a bowl; add sugar, Grand Marnier and orange peel.
- Toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whip the cream until stiff.
- Add sugar and continue to whip for 30 seconds.
- Remove the orange strips from the strawberries.
- Gently fold whipped cream and strawberries together.
- Place in bowls serve.
I tried several recipes for this dish and found this one the best so far!