Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had this recipe dog-eared in an old 1992 Country Woman magazine. I haven't made it, but it looks simple, quick and tasty to top off any meal.
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries, hulled
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- Sprinkle strawberries with powdered sugar. Cover and refrigerate 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, whip the cream until stiff.
- Gently stir in orange juice.
- Fold in strawberries, or serve individually in small bowls topped with the flavored cream.
Simply delicious. I reduced the sugar the 2 tbsp since I find strawberries naturally sweet enough for my tastes. I also added a tsp of sugar to the whipping cream. We loved this dessert. The orange juice is a very nice flavour booster for the whipping cream. I think this would be good over other fruit as well.
Chick - I just can't believe that something so VERY simple makes such a great impression for a dessert! What a nice flavor with the orange juice in the whipping cream. I served it by just topping the strawberries with the whipped topping instead of mixing the strawberries in. My kids raved and raved! Edited to add: I did add 1 tbls granulated sugar while whipping the cream. Whipped for 5 minutes and then added the orange juice and continued whipping for 1-2 minutes until firm again. Worked great! I'm so glad I recipe-napped you in the AU/NZ Swap May 2008!