Recipe by Diana #2
This is a wonderful dessert to serve for company or the family. Easy to prepare but looks like you took all day. Cooking time does not include the time it takes to chill.
Top Review by Kizzikate
A wonderful way to enjoy our fresh-picked strawberries! Our berries were very sweet, so I only used 1 Tbsp. sugar. Instead of brandy & orange liqueur, I substituted 2 Tbsp. orange juice, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, & 1 tsp. almond extract. For the whipped cream, used Cool Whip French Vanilla... this was refreshing, and even good the next day.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- cold water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 2 cups whipped cream, I use Dream Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside a few whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining berries. Add sugar and let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain berries, measuring juice. Add cold water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Measure 3/4 cup of the jelly, add brandy, liqueur and 1/2 cup berry-sugar water.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold into whipped cream.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Chill until set, but not firm.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup berry liquid to remain jelly. Stir in berries.
- Gently spoon over the set layer. Chill until firm about 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a strawberry.