Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful dessert to serve for company or the family. Easy to prepare but looks like you took all day. Cooking time does not include the time it takes to chill.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- cold water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brandy (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 2 cups whipped cream, I use Dream Whip
- Set aside a few whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining berries. Add sugar and let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain berries, measuring juice. Add cold water to make 1 cup.
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- Measure 3/4 cup of the jelly, add brandy, liqueur and 1/2 cup berry-sugar water.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold into whipped cream.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan. Chill until set, but not firm.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup berry liquid to remain jelly. Stir in berries.
- Gently spoon over the set layer. Chill until firm about 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and a strawberry.
A wonderful way to enjoy our fresh-picked strawberries! Our berries were very sweet, so I only used 1 Tbsp. sugar. Instead of brandy & orange liqueur, I substituted 2 Tbsp. orange juice, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, & 1 tsp. almond extract. For the whipped cream, used Cool Whip French Vanilla... this was refreshing, and even good the next day.