Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cointreau is so good over strawberries, and this is really easy to make. If you don't have Cointreau, any orange flavored liqueur will work.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄3 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Wash and hull strawberries; cut into halves. Add sugar and 1/4 cup Cointreau; toss gently, and set aside. Fold in whipped cream and 1/3 cup Cointreau into softened ice cream.
- Place strawberry mixture in chilled stemmed glasses. Top with ice cream mixture.