Chef mariajane's Note:
Enjoy this classic trifle with the taste of sweet fresh strawberries -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (300 ml) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 (113 g) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (298 g) package frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- additional strawberry (to garnish)
- toasted slivered almonds
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine Eagle Brand and water. Add pudding; beat well. Chill until thickened, about 20 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2Spoon 2 cups of the pudding mixture into a 4-quart round glass serving bowl; top with half of the cake cubes, half the strawberries, half the jam and half the pudding.
- 3Repeat layering again ending with pudding mixture. Chill at least 4 hours.
- 4Garnish with additional strawberries and then the almonds. Cover leftovers and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries 'n Cream Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.2
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 355.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g