Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another twist on berries with cream. Macerated berries, yummy Mascarpone cream & a delightful light crispy cookie or maybe Lady Fingers or Amaretti cookies. To make this diabetic friendly - use Splenda or some other sugar substitute and use sugar free cookies.
- 2 lbs ripe strawberries
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 5 ounces whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped fine
- amaretti cookies or ladyfinger
- Macerate strawberries in vinegar and sugar for at least half an hour, stirring from time to time.
- Prepare Mascarpone Cream:.
- Beat egg yolks with sugar until ribboning and very pale yellow.
- Fold in Amaretto and then Mascarpone cheese.
- Add almond pieces, gently.
- Whisk whipping cream into soft peaks and fold into the Mascarpone mixture.
- Serve in martini glasses or use a trifle dish.
- Layer by placing the cookies first, then the cream and then top with strawberries.