Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is one of my favorite ways to serve strawberries in the summer. Great light make ahead dessert for a cookout for family or guests. Don't let the cook time fool you - that includes the hour and a half chill time.
Top Review by little_wing
Loved, loved, loved this! The oranges and strawberries made such a nice combination. A nice way to end a romantic dinner. I served over nonfat frozen yogurt but am thinking it would be great over some pound cake as well. Delicious! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 oranges
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white zinfandel wine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and cut into six wedges
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove zest from 1 orange and cut into thin strips.
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in small saucepan.
- Add peel and return to boil.
- Repeat process two more times.
- Squeeze enough juice from oranges to equal 1/2 cup.
- Bring juice, white zinfandel and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to sauce to a bowl and stir in berries.
- Chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide the ice cream between 4 bowls.
- Top with strawberries& sauce.
- Garnish with the cooked peel.