Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
So crisp and yummy. And so simple. Cooking time is chill time. I posted this for Zaar World Tour 05.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 slices lemon zest
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
- In a bowl, combine the wine, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the berries and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve in stemmed glasses.
- NOTE: These are alchoholic, so it's not recomended to serve these for children. For a non-alchoholic version, replace the wine with sparling white grape juice or cider.
Absolutely delicious! It's so simple to make and everyone loved it. It's great if you have some old white wine sitting around the fridge and it's especially refreshing on a nice summer night.
Yum! So light and refreshing....can't wait to have this again in the summer when strawberries are in season.
This is a very simple, very good recipe. I ended up making this with apple cider and splenda because I didn't realize we were out of white wine. It was yummy. I bet it is even better with the wine.