Recipe by Megan's Mommy
This trifle is so good, very rich, but can easily be made with low fat or fat free ingredients. Use a large trifle bowl, or clear bowl for the best presentation. It makes a big batch, so cut if half if you don't want to feed a crowd.
- 1 angel food cake, torn into bite size pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 pints strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the water, sugar and cornstarch in a pan.
- bring to a boil over medium high heat and boil for one minute.
- remove from the heat and add the gelatin powder.
- Stir until blended.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Slice the berries, add to the jello mixture.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- In a large bowl, add 1/3 the angel food cake, drizzle with 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, then spread 1/4 of the cool whip over the top.
- Add 1/3 of the berries mixture to the bowl.
- Continue to layer until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of berries.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Best if eaten the same day, if it sits overnight, it will be too soggy.