1/1 Photo of Strawberries in Syrup
2 hrs 2 mins
This is a quick, easy way to prep strawberries for strawberry shortcake or just to serve with a thick creamy yogurt.
My Private Note
- 1Wash the strawberries and remove the green stems.
- 2Cut the strawberries and place them in a bowl.
- 3Toss them with the sugar and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and even overnight.
- 4The sugar will draw moisture out of the berries and naturally make a sweet strawberry syrup.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries in Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g