Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an SCA replica of a popular 1500s recipe. It's a fluffy, sweet white mousse served with strawberries in spiced syrup.
- Whip cream and set aside.
- Then beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add egg whites to whipped cream and whisk together.
- Add rose water and sugar - adding a little sugar at a time. This stuff will have a consistency something like Cool-Whip, but will taste lots better.
- Clean strawberries and place into bowl.
- Mix red wine, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Pour mixture over strawberries and allow to marinate for an hour or so.
- Serve "snow" with strawberries on top and with a couple shortbread cookies on the side.