Recipe by Sharon123
This recipe was adapted from Chef Revsin of Driscoll Strawberry Associates, Inc. You can find the lavender flowers in the herb sections of the supermarket. Or try 2 to 3 whole cardamom seeds in place of the lavender-lovely!
Top Review by anme
I am a lavender virgin! I was realy curious on how this would turn out but I ended up really liking this. I served this with blueberries and strawberries. I am going to pack this salad in lunches for the rest of this week, ver yummy! made for ZWT 3!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain strawberries. Hull and cut into halves or quarters into a big bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and lavender and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and lavender is infused. Remove from heat and strain the syrup, discarding the blossoms.
- Pour the strained syrup over the strawberries and toss gently to mix. Serve berries and syrup right away in nice glass bowls or stemmed glasses. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- You can prepare the syrup in advance and let it cool. Toss with berries just before serving. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.