Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
for beveage tag
- 250 g strawberries, washed, hulled, halved (1 punnet)
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 60 g good-quality dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons double heavy cream
- Place the strawberries and Cointreau in a medium bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to macerate.
- Run a vegetable peeler to peel along the long edge of the block of chocolate to make chocolate curls. Set aside until serving.
- To serve, spoon the strawberry mixture into serving bowls. Top with cream and chocolate curls.
We had this over Bestemor's Norwegian Waffles for a "breakfast for dinner" night. Delicious! Just a hint of orange in the berries. Just right. Will be making this again!
Great easy dessert! The Cointreu is subtle and delightful and I love it with the hint of chocolate. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
*Reviewed for PAC Sept 09* 5 Stars- super easy and delish. Couldn't be any easier. I thought the cointreau would be quite strong but it actually melded with the juice from the strawberries and only gave a light orange taste. For kids I used orange juice instead of the liqueur. A simple and elegant dessert. Lovely on a warm night. Photo being posted also