- 1 -2 pint fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 5 ounces brown sugar
- 5 ounces golden syrup
- 4 ounces whipping cream
- vanilla essence (a few drops)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and hull strawberries and keep to one side.
- Heat sugar and syrup over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cook a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and essence.
- Beat for 2 minutes until the sauce is smooth and glossy.
- Serve the strawberries with the sauce, hot or cold.