- 12 large firm strawberries
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate or 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 -3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 -3 tablespoons other liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans or 1⁄2 cup almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a small baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Leave green hulls on strawberries.
- Wash and dry.
- Coarsely chop chocolate; microwave (uncovered) on medium until almost melted, about 2 1/2 minutes.
- stir until smooth.
- use a plastic syringe to fill strawberries with liqueur.
- Dip in chocolate and nuts.
- IMmediately place coated strawberries on waxed-papered-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until the kids are tucked in.
- Berries will keep well for up to half a day, but will soften after that.