Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Surprise your dinner guests by flaming this incredible dessert. Easy enough for everyday and special enough for a party. Chose a liqueur that is at least 70 proof. Using one that has been opened for awhile is hard to flame so test yours before hand.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagessliced strawberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- chocolate ice cream
- Drain berries, reserving syrup.
- Stir reserved syrup in cornstarch in a wok or other wide deep pan.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in berries and almonds.
- Heat 1 minute longer.
- Heat liqueur in a small saucepan or large ladle until just warm.
- Ignite with a long match and pour over berry mixture.
- When flame dies, stir and serve immediately over ice cream.
Tried this Recipie with Vodka 80 proof last night....worked fine. Make sure you keep the pan in motion while its on fire.
I don't think 70 proof would burn. The person probably meant 70 PERCENT (140 proof) which in the USA basically means Bacardi 151 (illegal in some states.)