Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Surprise your dinner guests by flaming this incredible dessert. Easy enough for everyday and special enough for a party. Chose a liqueur that is at least 70 proof. Using one that has been opened for awhile is hard to flame so test yours before hand.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagessliced strawberries or 2 (10 ounce) packages raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- chocolate ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain berries, reserving syrup.
- Stir reserved syrup in cornstarch in a wok or other wide deep pan.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in berries and almonds.
- Heat 1 minute longer.
- Heat liqueur in a small saucepan or large ladle until just warm.
- Ignite with a long match and pour over berry mixture.
- When flame dies, stir and serve immediately over ice cream.