Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely an light dessert. Perfect for a picnic or afternoon tea.
- 16 large strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut the green stems off the strawberries so they will stand upright when placed on your serving tray.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an "X" in each strawberry, cutting almost to the bottom of each strawberry.
- Gently, with your fingertips, spread each strawberry apart to make "petals".
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese and whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip
- Pipe the cream into the strawberries.
Made this recipe for Teacher's Appreciation Week and it was a hit! Truly a very easy recipe that is absolutely delicious! My kids even loved it!
super easy! used a ziplock baggy with a small cut on the corner since i didnt have a pastry bag. followed recipe exact, loved it :)
Absolutely wonderful! I have been wanting to try this recipe forever, and finally found the cheese. The cream mixture is unbelievably light and even a beginner like me had great results. The strawberries were beautiful, so I will definitely use this recipe for special occasions.