Strawberries Filled With Cream
- Cut the green stems off the strawberries so they will stand upright when placed on your serving tray.
- With a small sharp knife, cut an "X" in each strawberry, cutting almost to the bottom of each strawberry.
- Gently, with your fingertips, spread each strawberry apart to make "petals".
- In a medium sized bowl, whip the mascarpone cheese and whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the cream into a pastry bag fitted with a large open star tip
- Pipe the cream into the strawberries.