Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom's friend used to make this all the time for church suppers. It is so good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 9 inches graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and almond extract.
- Blend well.
- Fold in whipping cream.
- Spoon into pie crust (you can use a store bought pie crust, or make your own, of course it's easier to buy one).
- Arrange strawberries on top and chill.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and shortening stirring constantly until smooth.
- Drizzle over strawberries and filling.
- Chill until set.
A friend of mine made this- it made one pie, she used an already made crust. One problem was the cream mixture did not set- she may have overbeat the cream? It had a lovely sweet flavor, the cream complimented the chocolate and strawberries. It was a perfect ending for meal.
I just made this for the first time. The recipe makes 1 pie. I substituted Cool Whip for the whipping cream and used almost a whole 8 oz container of cool whip. I also used the chocolate almond bark to drizzle on top. Worked beautifully!! Good!!!
I'm not really sure if this makes 2 pies. My mom's friend always showed up with 2 pies. My mom wrote the recipe down and didn't write down how many the recipe yields, so it may make 1, it may make 2. I'm sorry that I don't know for sure. Sharmin