Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is an amazing french toast recipe - can be adapted with any other fruit - blueberry, apricot, etc.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup butter substitute
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry all-fruit spread or 1⁄4 cup preserves
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Slice the bread diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Use the bread, cream cheese and fruit spread to make cheese and fruit "sandwiches"; set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla in a flat, shallow dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip each "sandwich" into the egg mixture and place in the skillet. Cook until browned on each side.
Mmmm! Yummy! I used the all fruit spread, halved the recipe and used whole wheat French bread. Both my DH and I loved it! Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef!