Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This great breakfast dish is quick enough even for the weekday. When you're really in a hurry, skip the warm syrup and grab it to go. The creamy cheese filling holds the bread and strawberries in place.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 large strawberries
- 8 slices thin sliced bread
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 10x6 inch baking dish, beat eggs, egg white, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon with a fork until blended. Beat in milk until combined. Thinly slice whole berries.
- Spread 4 slices of bread with flavored cream cheese and arrange sliced berries on top. Cover with remaining bread slices, pressing down lightly to adhere.
- Place maple syrup in microwave safe liquid measuring cup. Microwave on high for 1 minutes or until warmed, set aside.
- One at a time, dip sandwiches in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides. Heat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add half the butter and swirl in pan to coat. Add 2 dipped sandwiches and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat.
- Serve hot, topping with berries and warm syrup.