Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
A wonderful recipe using fresh strawberries from Netherhill Strawberry Farm in Australia. This recipe also yields a tried and true (and reviewed) great Blueberry & Cream Bread.
Top Review by Brew City Chef
This bread was fantastic!! Moist and flavorful. I used the brown sugar but did not find it to be too sweet, just perfect!! I brought a loaf to our morning playgroup and there was nothing left! I did have to bake about 15 minutes longer than suggested to prevent the center from being soggy but other than that I followed the recipe to a tee. Thanks so much for posting:)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (use if you want a sweeter bread)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberries, fresh & coarsely chopped (do NOT use frozen) or 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat 1 minute or until light and airy. Add brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes in pan.
- Turn out on rack to cool.