1/25 Photos of Strawberries & Cream Bread (Strawberry or Blueberry)
1 hr 15 mins
A wonderful recipe using fresh strawberries from Netherhill Strawberry Farm in Australia. This recipe also yields a tried and true (and reviewed) great Blueberry & Cream Bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (use if you want a sweeter bread)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups strawberries, fresh & coarsely chopped (do NOT use frozen) or 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- 2In small bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beat 1 minute or until light and airy. Add brown sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- 3Stir into flour mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 4Fold in strawberries and nuts.
- 5Pour into a greased 8 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Let stand 10 minutes in pan.
- 8Turn out on rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries & Cream Bread (Strawberry or Blueberry)
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.5 mg
- Sodium 272.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g