Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fraises Glacees Chantilly is the direct translation of this lovely recipe. How can something like this be bad?
- 2 cups firm ripe strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sifted confectioners' sugar
- 4 -6 teaspoons Chambord raspberry liquor
- 3 -4 macaroons, crushed
- FRAISES GLACEES:.
- Wash and hull strawberries. Put them in a pretty serving bowl and stand the serving bowl in crushed ice.
- Put the raspberries in a food processor and puree. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into another bowl and stir in the confectioner's sugar.
- Pour the raspberry puree over the strawberries and gently toss to coat.
- CREME CHANTILLY:.
- Pour the cream into a chilled bowl. Add the sugar and the Chambord and beat until soft peaks form.
- TO SERVE:.
- Just before serving, pile the Creme Chantilly over the strawberries and sprinkle with the crushed macaroons.