Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Atco Blue Flame Kitchen. This looks like a different variation of the spinach/strawberry salad. No spinach in this one and the dressing is very different from the typical.
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- mixed greens (lettuce, iceburg lettuce, spinach your choice)
- Whisk together limeade concentrate, honey and salt.
- Gradually whisk in oil and then stir in poppy seeds.
- Store,covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Toss mixed greens and sliced strawberries with dressing.
OOhh... I love dishes that take the 'expected' staple and blissfully surprise everyone... this does it! I just used baged organic mixed greens to make it easy. I used about half the oil called for in the recipe and filled in wiht a bit of H2O - which worked fine for us! Thanks for a great recipe.