Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this online but forgot to bookmark from which site! Don't be tempted to use canned peaches for this recipe-only the freshest will do! The perfect summertime dessert-easy, elegant and light.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (can substitute hazelnuts)
- 4 large fresh peaches
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh mint sprigs (to garnish) or lemon verbena, sprigs (to garnish)
- Remove stems from strawberries, wash well and slice fruit. Place in small bowl with 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir and allow mixture to sit for 20 minutes.
- Slice peaches in half, peel and remove pits. Sprinkle peaches with lemon juice. Set each peach half on serving plate, pitted side up.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Whip in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the almond extract.
- Divide and spoon strawberry mixture over each peach, filling the indentation. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with almonds.
- Garnish with mint or lemon verbena leaves if desired.