Recipe by Hey Jude
Here's a very simple, refreshing dessert that is nice for a summer dinner party. Prep time does not include standing and chilling time.
Top Review by applee
FANTASTIC! This is a great combination. I used cantelope AND honeydew, strawberries and a few blueberries. I used a mellon baller for the melons and I cut the strawberries in half and the blueberries left as there are. I presented this as a dessert and put into frozen Margarita glasses...could also use Martini glasses with a fresh sprig of mint on the side. SO REFRESHING!!
- 2 pints ripe strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons sugar, to taste
- 3 cups ripe cantaloupe or 3 cups honeydew melon, cut into balls or cubed
- 2 cups plum wine
Directions See How It's Made
- If the strawberries are large, cut in half lengthwise.
- Add the sugar and let them sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- If your berries are particularly sweet, reduce the sugar by half.
- Place the strawberries in a serving bowl and add the melon.
- Add the plum wine and stir gently to mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spoon fruit and sauce into bowls and serve.