Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From The Plaza Hotel in New York City, this was known as Coupe Neilson --
- 1 pint ripe strawberry
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 12 crystallized cherries
- Wash, hull and slice strawberries. Drizzle kirsch over them in a bowl and let stand at room temperature for an hour.
- Line 6 chilled champagne glasses with lemon sherbet and strawberry ice cream.
- Fill center with strawberries.
- Swirl whipped cream over and garnish with crystallized cherries.