Recipe by Manami
This sounded so delicious, that I typed this up before, I lost it. Found on mealsforyou. Allow the dough to stay refrigerated overnight, haven't included in recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam, room temperature, divided
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, rinsed, & hulled and halved or quartered or 1 lb frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- TO PREPARE COOKIE DOUGH:.
- In small mixing bowl stir flour and salt together.
- In large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar, and almond extract at high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually, mix in flour.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 2-3 minutes to smooth out. Pat dough into 1" thick square, wrap completely in plastic wrap and chill thoroughly, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF with rack positioned in the middle of the oven.
- Oil or spray a cookie sheet and set aside.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 10" square. Using two spatulas, transfer to cookie sheet.
- Prick the entire surface of the dough with a fork.
- TO MAKE THE COOKIE TOPPING:.
- In small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and almonds. Set aside.
- Spread dough with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the jam about 1/4" from the edges.
- Sprinkle jam-covered dough with sugar, cinnamon and almond mixture evenly.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Place pan on rack until the square is firm enough to be easily moved. Transfer to rack and cool completely.
- Once cooled, spread the square with remaining jam. Trim off edges.
- Cut square into 9 small square each 3"x3".
- Eat one square.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Place one cookie square on dessert plate, almond-side facing up.
- Sweeten whipped cream by mixing in sugar.
- Spread a small dollop of whipped cream on top of cookie.
- Spoon strawberries over whipped cream.
- Top with another dollop of whipped cream.
- Cover with another cookie square, almond-side facing up.
- Place a berry half on top to garnish, if desired.