Recipe by Lady Dancer
This is a light version of an old favorite. I found the recipe in "Lite and Tasty" magazine in 2003. It's still a favorite for my family, especially in the summer. It's also fairly easy and quick to prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup eagle brand sweetened condensed milk (no substitutions!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (can also use "white chocolate" flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Lite
- 1 (9 ounce) prepared angel food cake (round)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 whole fresh strawberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and water together.
- Add pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Fold in Cool Whip topping.
- Cut cake into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Spoon 1/3 of pudding mixture into bottom of a 4 qt.trifle or glass bowl.
- Top with half of the cake cubes.
- Top with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layers once.
- Top with remaining pudding mix.
- Garnish with whole strawberries. (optional).