1/8 Photos of Strawberries and Cream Trifle
Strawberries and cream trifle is a lovely traditional English spring or summertime dessert of luscious fresh strawberries nestled amongst layers of sponge cake, sherry laced preserves, and fresh whipped cream arranged in a pretty glass trifle dish. If desired, add a layer of freshly prepared custard sauce Classic Custard Sauce. Delicious! A beautiful addition to the dessert table, or for a ladies luncheon or Afternoon Tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts ripe fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced (with a few choice whole berries reserved)
- 4 cups cubed sponge cakes (pound cake, angel food cake, or lady fingers may be substituted)
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (brandy or orange juice may be substituted)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups prepared custard, sauce (optional, see Classic Custard Sauce)
- 1In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, whip the cream until thickened. Beat in the sugar and the vanilla, continue beating until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the strawberry preserves with the sherry or brandy, stirring well to combine; gently stir in the strawberries.
- 3In a glass trifle dish or individual dessert dishes, alternately layer the strawberries mixture, cake cubes, whipped cream, and the custard sauce (if using).
- 4Top with whipped cream and decorate with several of the choicest berries.
- 5Serve immediately, or cover and chill until serving time. Best if eaten the same day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries and Cream Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 30.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: