Recipe by Lainey39
I've recently started getting into making scones. This is a delicious recipe for them! If you like, add "Recipe#953365" as suggested by reviewer Marsha D.
Top Review by adventures-cook
My daughter tried this recipe & they were really hard not eatable. We had to throw them away. I will try to make this same recipe myself to see if I will get different results. But as for now I will only give it 2 star because several ingredients were wasted on this recipe.
- 177.44 ml strawberry, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml orange zest
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into small cubes and blend with a pastry blender until it resembles oatmeal (or small peas, if you don't like oatmeal).
- Add the orange zest and strawberries.
- Then slowly and gradually add the cream while mixing with a fork.
- As soon as the flour starts to come together into a dough, remove from the bowl and form into a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently four or five times.
- Then shape with your hands (or a rolling pin) into an 8x10" rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle lengthwise into two 4x10" rectangles.
- Cut each of those into 6 or 7 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with softened butter, jam, creme fraiche or just as they are!