1/4 Photos of Strawberries and Cream Scones
I've recently started getting into making scones. This is a delicious recipe for them! If you like, add "Recipe#953365" as suggested by reviewer Marsha D.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- 3Cut butter into small cubes and blend with a pastry blender until it resembles oatmeal (or small peas, if you don't like oatmeal).
- 4Add the orange zest and strawberries.
- 5Then slowly and gradually add the cream while mixing with a fork.
- 6As soon as the flour starts to come together into a dough, remove from the bowl and form into a ball.
- 7Place on a lightly floured surface and knead gently four or five times.
- 8Then shape with your hands (or a rolling pin) into an 8x10" rectangle.
- 9Cut the rectangle lengthwise into two 4x10" rectangles.
- 10Cut each of those into 6 or 7 triangles and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Serve warm with softened butter, jam, creme fraiche or just as they are!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries and Cream Scones
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 974.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g