Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The Strawberry Mothership has landed in our kitchen! A dressing I just "whipped" up. Try this drizzled over Romaine lettuce! To that add a few slices of Vidalia Onion and a sprinkle of raisins or nuts-not shaken, not stirred.
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup strawberry, hulled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest or 1 teaspoon grapefruit zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla sugar (read *NOTE)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- *NOTE: In place of vanilla sugar, substitute 1/4 teaspoon raw sugar and 2 drops pure vanilla extract.
- Best if salad dressing is prepared at least 1 hour in advance.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Or, in a small non-reactive bowl using an immersion blender, blend ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings before serving. Whisk before serving, too.
- Yield is estimated.