1/3 Photos of Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
I tried this one morning when I was out of blueberries (my usual favorite) and it is surprisingly good! I am posting it because, like me, I am sure not too many people would think to put strawberries in oatmeal, but it actually has become one of my favorite ways to eat oatmeal (a daily staple for me!) Also, fruit measurements are estimates, as I usually just use whatever I have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add milk to oats in a deep bowl and microwave 3-5 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage and desired thickness. Watch carefully so it doesn't spill over the sides!
- 2While oatmeal is cooking, wash and slice strawberries. Soft strawberries work well, so you may want to mash them a little bit, but that is up to you.
- 3When cereal is done, stir strawberries and sliced banana (if using) into oatmeal. If desired, add a little sugar or splenda.
- 4NOTE: It is also good with a little vanilla extract if you are using plain milk, just to give it some flavor. ALSO, You may need to re-heat oatmeal a little before eating if your strawberries cool it down too much.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 121.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g