Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I found this recipe online while looking for a chocolate mug cake, and I like this one better! Super quick and easy, and perfect for a night alone where you don't need to make an entire cake just to have a slice :)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons strawberry yogurt, well stirred
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sliced strawberry, and whipped cream for serving
- Coat the inside of the mug lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the egg, yogurt, vegetable oil, baking powder, extract, sugar and flour in a small bowl until completely smooth.
- Fill the mug to halfway full and place it in the microwave. Bake it for 1:30 or 2 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Top with strawberries and whipped cream and serve.
The taste was OK but the texture of the cake was a little too dense and chewy.