Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
these muffins are heavenly! I make them many times when strawberries are in season.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted but not hot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter and vanilla while still beating until blended.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups, and Spoon about 1 tablespoon of your batter into each cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon strawberry preserves in center of each, covered with a a level teaspoon of cream cheese, and top with more batter.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup flour and 2 Tablespoons melted butter to make streusel.
- Top with 1/2 teaspoon preserves and cover with 1/2 teaspoon of streusel.
- Bake muffins in your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
For taste, these muffins deserve 5 stars but I did have some difficulty with the recipe. I think it would have been more clear if the streusal part of the recipe were divided and not just part of the entire list and directions were given to combine remaining ingredients to make it. I used Strawberry Preserves by Melody H recipe recipe#121939 for the perserves. I did find that the perserves leaked out a bit during baking and so next time I will mix the perserves and the cream cheese together instead of adding them one at a time. I froze the remaining muffins and they freeze great. Thanks for posting this recipe!
I agree with previous reviewer. These were fantastic except that a non cook would not know where the streusel part came from!