Recipe by jovigirl
Found this in Easy Home Cooking. I haven't made it but it sounds so good I had to post it!
- 1 (14 -16 ounce) purchased angel food cake
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jelly
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 pint strawberry, washed, hulled and divided
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice 1 inch layer from top of cake; life off in 1 piece and set aside. Hollow out cake leaving 3/4 inch border on sides and 1 inch border on the bottom. Save cake crumbs for another use.
- Beat jelly in small deep bowl at medium speed of electric mixer. Add 1 cup whipping cream; beat at high speed 2 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Chop enough strawberries to measure 1 1/2 cups; fold into whipped cream mixture. Spoon cream mixture into hollowed out cake until even with top of cake. Replace cake top.
- Whip remaining 1 cup cream in small deep bowl at high speed for 2 minutes or until thickened; beat in sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Frost cake with whipped cream. Cut remaining srawberries in half. Arrange on cake.