Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
this is another recipe i created on a whim. i was making plain cupcakes and looked in my cupboard and i noticed a full bottle of strawberry essence from my chocolate making experiments at easter. i love the topping for this. white chocolate ganache is divine with these cupcakes. but don't add too much cream. it might look too little but the recipe is correct. if you want you can add a fresh strawberry on top.
- 1 2⁄3 cups self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125 g butter
- 3 drops of imitation strawberry essence
- red food coloring
- 100 g white chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
- melt butter over low heat until almost all of the butter is melted. take off heat. the rest of the butter should melt in radiant heat. cool for 1 min
- whisk eggs and milk in a medium bowl until well combined and slightly frothy. add butter and whisk well.
- combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. make a well in the centre. pour in egg mixture. stir until well combined and smooth.
- add food dye and strawberry essence. mix well.
- pour batter into 12 hole cupcake tin or patty cases in tin and bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden colour
- whilst cupcakes are cooking place white chocolate aand cream in a china bowl in a saucepan full of water and boil on medium heat whilst stirring chocolate and cream. stir until melted, smooth and combined.
- put chocolate mix in the fridge for 20 min or until mixture thickens but does not harden.
- this should allow enough time to cook cupcakes and take them out of the oven to cool.
- pour or spread white chocolate ganache over cooled cupcakes and leave in fridge to set.
- relax and enjoy!