Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the easiest crepe recipe and taste great with a strawberry cream cheese filling. I serve these for my mom on mother's day for dessert. She loves them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted) or 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Place ingredients in blender container in order given.
- Blend 30 seconds,stop and stir down sides.
- Blend 30-60 seconds until smooth.
- Or, mix in bowl with wire whisk or mixer, first combining flour and eggs, adding liquid gradually. Beat until smooth; add other ingredients.
- NOTES : Batter can be used immediately. However, an hour or two standing will produce slightly more tender crepes.
- Or, refrigerate batter up to three days for use as needed.
- Measure flour and liquid carefully, since consistency of batter is important. (It should be about the consistency of thick heavy cream.).
- Spoon flour into 1 cup measure and level off with straight edge of knife or spatula.
- CREPES: Lightly grease. Measure about 1/4 cup batter into pan. Tilt pan to spread batter. Once crepe has lots of little bubbles, loosen any edges with spatula. Flip crepe over. This side cooks quickly. Slide crepe from pan to plate. Make all the crepes, stacking them as you go. no need to oil the pan again, after the first crepe.
- Once the crepes have cooled, trim them all to the same size. Make them about 6". Using a lid from a margarine container works great. When no one is looking, eat the scraps -- you worked hard for them, don't throw them out ;).
- Filling: Combine strawberries and granulated sugar in a bowl; stir well.
- Cover and chill 1 hour. Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl, and beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Add sour cream, beat until smooth.
- Spread 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture over half of each crepe, and top with 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Sprinkle crepes with 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
We really love these dessert crepes for breakfast. What a treat for me and my family!
I omit the sugar (personal preference) and add extra water and milk because otherwise they turn out a bit thick for my tastes. Very good basic crepe recipe though. :)
DD and I really enjoyed these crepes. They were easy to make and delicious. They were a bit too sweet for my tastes. Next time I'll reduce the amount of sugar in the strawberries. May for the May Beverage Tag.