Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Posted by request. In 'A Passion for Baking' by Marcy Goldman. Dried strawberries can be ordered online from nutsonline.com
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup minced white chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup dried strawberries, coarsely minced
- Preheat oven to 325°; stack two baking sheets together and line top sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, whiz sugar to finely pulverize, about 10 seconds.
- In a mixer bowl, cream sugar and butter on low speed until well blended.
- Then add flour, vanilla, cream, and salt; blend well.
- When almost blended into a dough, add white chocolate and dried strawberries mixing by hand to incorporate and make a firm dough.
- Knead dough gently on a lightly floured work surface about 1 minute to make dough more firm and get it to hold together.
- Flatten dough into a disk; wrap well, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll out gently about 1/2 inch thick and cut into small round cookies (about 2 inches in diameter).
- Place on prepared sheets; place in oven and immediately reduce oven temperature to 300°; bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 40-50 minutes (**not a typo).
- Cool well before removing with a metal spatula.